We had to check out by 11 am, so we were up early. I used the old stove in the kitchen to make some strawberry muffins for breakfast. It was a packaged mix, and the muffins were not that great. We wanted to get home and see Pete, and we wanted to watch the Panthers game as well, so we got on the stick and packed and loaded up the car. We must have been in too much of a hurry. We were about halfway home when our host texted me and asked if we were still in the area. I said, "No, why?" She replied that we had left a charger.
Great. It was the charging cord to Tim's laptop. We were too far away to turn around, so I asked if she could mail it to us. I would reimburse her for the postage. She said she would.
As it turns out, the following day she texted me again to ask my last name and my mailing address. I didn't realize that Airbnb didn't share last names. You do all your reservations and communicating with your host throught their website or app, so I guess there's no need for them to share the last name. It was surprising to me, though.
We came home down I-77, which is not the way we drove up on Friday. We were hunting a McDonald's when we left Fries so that I could get some tea for the trip (I have to have tea when I travel...it's a thing) and Tim wanted to get something to eat since he only ate about two bites of a muffin. As you know, Fries is in the middle of nowhere, and we got kind of turned around in our search for a McDonald's. In the end, it was quicker to access I-77 from the McDonald's than go back the way we came. It also gave us different stuff to look at.
All in all, we had a really good time. We did a lot during our weekend getaway. We probably won't go back to Fries again, since we pretty much saw all there was to see there, but we would definitely go back to the mountains of VA. We love it there!
No comments:
Post a Comment